Friday, August 14

Support for a Long Issue...

Well, something finally tripped my trigger, and I have no idea what it was. But I can now officially say that I have lost 60 pounds. Not only 60 pounds, but 61!!! I am standing at 177.4, and I have to admit that it feels pretty gosh darn good.

On the smoking front, I have cut my smoking down by 2/3rds, which is just remarkable. I am finding that it is easier to say no when I really want one. That is a miracle in itself!

In light of recent weight loss, I will once again be enduring bathing suit photos later tonight for my personal records. I doubt I will post them again, however, because I'm not sure that they will look right. I have already shrunk out of my new suit. Yes, I swam in it maybe 5 times this summer and now it won't hold up the girls.

Part of the reason it won't work is because of the shrinkage factor. While the fullness of my body has been going down down down, the fullness of my cup has been going long long long. I currently possess 2 flesh colored tube socks that have grapefruits hanging at the bottom. It's pathetic. I am not sure how to handle it except to roll them up and get on with my day. Or get surgery. And frankly, that's not an option right now. I still have 39 pounds to go. I may not have much left by the end of this diet. Poor Matt. He was such a boob man too...I'm taking away his fun. Or stretching it out. That may be closer to the truth!

But now that I have the pleasure of saying only 39 more pounds to go, I find myself being excited again about doing what I am supposed to do. Remember when I was whining earlier this week about feeling so unmotivated? Well, I have busted through that plateau, and now I feel like I'm on the home stretch. (My chest is taking that literally, I'm afraid...) I think that the major lesson I have learned through all of this is that determination is key. Even when it doesn't feel like it's working- STICK WITH IT! It doesn't feel good? WORK THROUGH IT! Broccoli leaving a bad taste in your mouth? FIND A NEW VEGGIE TO LOVE!!!

I know, it's a total 180 from where I was earlier this week, but sometimes obedience to your plan (or in my case HIS plan) is all that you need to get results. I cannot stress that enough. I never thought I would be saying I was in the land of 170s ever again, nor that I only weigh 4 pounds more than my husband. But it happened because even though I whined and cried and moped, I still stuck to the plan. It sucked, but it stuck.

How are you guys doing with stick-to-it-tive-ness? What do you guys to do keep hammering away when you feel like you are the one getting nailed? Are there quotes, scriptures or sayings that you lean on? Do you call a friend and work through it? Leave a comment and help others! We are our own best support when we are down in the trenches together.

You guys do a way better job of supporting me than my bathing suit.
I may be going shopping this weekend...

6 comments:

LeeAnnStoner said...

I'm so proud of you! Don't worry about your "girls". Look on the bright side of things...wherever you go you'll be ready for a game of double-dutch jump roping. Okay, bad joke. I'm sure they'll fill out again once your preggers.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS...you are a real inspiration, thanks for the pep talk, I needed it! Have fun shopping this weekend.

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

LeeAnn- You bet they will fill out again. Unfortunately, I fear I will resemble one of those long crazy straws...I will be able to breast feed from 30 feet away! (or my arms won't be long enough to get babies down to the proper spot. I'll have to stand on a ladder. Sigh...)

And anonymous- you are most welcome. Pep talks are found in the most peculiar places, but as long as they help, I'm glad to oblige!!! Thanks for commenting!!!

Charlie

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

Wait, did I spell oblige right? I swear, sometimes I wonder how I ever managed before spell check!!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Love it! The weight loss- not the long home stretch. I do feel your pain after nursing two babies, though.
When I didn't want to excersize in college, I had a friend who could come into my room in the sorority house and say, "Do you wan to be fat or do you want to be skinny?". She put it in such a way that MADE me get out of the warm and cozy (very small twin) bed. Danggit. So, I just channel here when I want motivation. I wish we still lived in the same house!
hugs! Keep up the amazing work!

Danielle said...

Girl, you are hilarious!! {I currently possess 2 flesh colored tube socks that have grapefruits hanging at the bottom.} Belly laugh!

When we were kids, my cousins and I always said we didn't want to look like our Nanny... she was in her early 90's... and her breasts--we didnt' think she had any, that is, until we looked at her tummy. There they rested. We called them the stretched water-balloons!

Well, you shouldn't speak such things... espcially about your Nanny, is what I've learned. I now have those Water-Balloon boobies!

I've struggled with my weight all my life, and because of this, and having my daughter... they Sag. Eck! And, my hubby is the same type as your hubby.lol Praise God, Kevin loves me saggy boobs and all!

When you said, [only 39 more pounds to go], it struck me... I always say I have 30 more pounds I want to lose... I don't ever look at the fact that I've lost 50. I mean, I do in a way... but not enough to say, only 30 more to go! Thanks for that!

My scriptures... I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!(Phil 4:13)

1 Cor 10:13 ~ No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

We will endure! Saggy boobs and all!

 
This Really, Really, Ridiculously Good Looking Blog Was Designed by April Showers Blog Design